I need a vacation and I venture to guess I am not alone. Yet these crazy times are not conducive to taking time off (owning a business means I am actually working twice as hard to manage the business in a time of crisis), nor to traveling. So this weekend, I am taking a “staycation” instead.
I am embracing the idea that this weekend is going to be a true mini vacation, without the exhaustion of travel, without the task of packing. This is what my staycation is going to look like.
- I am setting my intention, to unplug, recharge, and rest.
- I am going to sleep 10 hours minimum Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights.
- I am going to limit my screen time to… well, to less.
- I am going to play tourist in my own city: I can’t wait to walk to the Mall, discover Black Lives Matter Plaza, enjoy a cocktail on an outside patio of a restaurant I have never been to before (the research to find this dream place feels like researching a vacation destination).
- I am going to give myself a facial and full body scrub.
- I am not going to check my work email for 48 whole hours.
- I am going to enjoy my yard, for the first time this season – Saturday date night by the grill with a great bottle of rose, and Sunday morning coffee with a great book.
- I am going to forget about time.
I am hoping this staycation gives me the fuel needed for another six weeks, when I will hopefully be able to travel to my vacation happy place, Tinos Greece.
How do you staycation?