For Alchimie Forever’s Father’s Day Newsletter, Ada asked me a beauty related wisdom I learned from our dad, but there are so many that I wanted to share more than one with you.
- Wear sunscreen. Every single day. Even though I’ve heard this my entire life, once in while I forget. I regret it instantly. I feel so stupid because I know that my skin aged one whole year in a single day. I know my shoulders, neckline and upper arms are the most sensitive, so on top of applying and reapplying sunscreen, I try to wear covering t-shirts instead of tank tops whenever I’m in the sun for a while. Also, having a SPF day cream helps me to never forget to protect my face.
- Do not permanently mark your skin. Since I was twelve, I’ve thought of getting a tattoo, but each time I think about it, I keep hearing my dad’s voice and picturing our clients who come to Forever Institut to remove theirs.
- Be physically active. It took me a while to understand that one. Growing up I used to horseback ride at least three hours a day so I never knew what not being physically active meant. When I stopped riding, it took me a while to find other physical activities I enjoyed as much and for a long time I felt like I had lost some of my power. A power that comes from within. A power that comes from feeling your body strong.
- Stay away from your zits. You can definitively see on my face where I resisted the temptation of touching my zits and where I caved in. Thankfully, laser treatments exist to help erase the scars on my face. This will be the next treatment I’ll try this winter at Forever Institut.
- Beauty should be present in all areas of your life. Create a lovely living and working space. Choose quality over quantity when it comes to clothes. Surround yourself with beautiful art pieces, whether it’s at home or at work. This is one of many qualities I love about my husband Guillaume. Thanks to his sense of esthetics, he makes our home so pretty and chooses the perfect clothes for me.
- Everyone is beautiful at 20 years old. If you want to stay beautiful as life goes on, you have to take care daily of your skin, body and soul. I try my best, and for now I feel prettier at 31 than I did at 20.