The last ten days have changed my reality as I knew it. Two of my family’s three businesses are closed because of Swiss government action (Forever Institut and Forever Boutique). In the US, many of the spas and boutiques that sell Alchimie Forever have made the choice to close for a number of weeks, and our sales have already decreased as a result. All of the favorite places I love to go to are closed (from exercise studios to boutiques to bars and restaurants).
I know that we are all in this together, and that we will come out of this together, stronger, wiser. But when? And will my world look like then what it looked like two weeks ago?
As both a small business owner and a small business supporter, I am concerned about small businesses and independent brands everywhere. Here are some of the ways I am helping my favorite boutiques, bars, restaurants, spas, and salons. I am:
- Leaving five-star reviews on Yelp, Google, Facebook, etc.
- Following social accounts, and like, comment, share.
- Creating social media content that highlights your favorite brands and locations; post and tag.
- Purchasing products online from any of your brick and mortar faves that have a website presence.
- Purchasing gift cards from your favorite service providers. (Getting my holiday shopping done early!).
- Ordering takeout / delivery from my favorite restaurants who can no longer accept table service. (Side note: in many municipalities they can now also sell beer and wine for delivery or takeout)
This too shall pass. Until then, let’s work together to ensure that our favorite small businesses and independent brands are here when it does.